this is what i am doing This year!!!

I love Project Life by Becky Higgins

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Button Magnets

One of my obsessions as of late is making button magnets. I love buttons, because they can be so unique and have a personality all their own. I recently visited an anitque store up in Cedar City, UT and got some great vintage buttons to use.
Method:
First, you need to make sure the back of the magnet is flat. If not, you can clip any pieces off and sand it down. Then, I simply attach a magnet to the back of the buttons, usually with hot glue. I have been packaging them in sets of three in magnetic tins. I love being able to put the whole tin on the refrigerator, plus being able to use the magnets inside too.
Supplies:
I get the buttons wherever I can. I usually get the magnets at Michael's Craft Store, where they are priced the most affordably. The tins are from IKEA.

Here are my latest creations....



I love the green and yellow combination of the last one.
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What Color Scheme would you like to see the new layout to be in?

Blog Archive